Obtain a good domain name
A domain name, also known as your website address, is often the entry point to your website. It is most important that it makes the best impression for workability purposes, and also for search engine optimization (SEO).
- Make it easy to spell. Try not to use slang, made-up, or extremely difficult words.
- Keep it as short as possible. The shorter it is, the simpler it is to remember and type correctly.
- Use the proper domain extension. Try to always make it a .com domain name (as opposed to .net, .co, etc.) except it is more appropriate to operate another extension, such as .gov, .edu, or .org.
- Avoid numbers and hyphens. They are difficult to recall and low elegant and memorable than word-only domain names and maybe misunderstood when vocalizing the domain name.
- Make the address broad to smooth future growth. For example, flipkart.com is a much wide website address than BooksOnline.com and permits. Flipkart sells pretty much every type of consumer good instead of books only, as was its original purpose.
- Ensure it is memorable. With so many websites on the internet, it is very prime that your website name is familiar so the visitors will recall how to access it in the future.
- Research the domain name. Google it to see if a similar website address previously exists online that to make sure it does not contain any registered trademarks.
- Check if the price is right. Determine if you can buy your proper website address at an admire price since most good domain names are taken and will want to be bought from the current owner.
- Avoid nonsensical names. Choose the best name that conveys a meaning so that visitors will know immediately what your business is. Yahoo and Google are attractive names, but they are costly to trade, and your small business may not have a similar budget.
- Create an SEO-friendly URL. When applicable try to come up with an SEO-friendly website address that includes keywords and geo-location.
Purchase secure, scalable website hosting with the best technical support
A website host is a company that provides the technology and services necessary for a website to be viewed on the internet. You connect your domain name to your hosting supplier so that when visitors visit your website address, they display the website that you store on your hosting account.
Hosting services can cost anywhere between $5 to $200+ per month, depending on the kind of technology and support you choose. You can normally get a markdown if you purchase a yearly plan as opposed to a monthly plan.
Prominently shows a clear description of your business
It is supreme to let visitors know who you are and what you do now so they are unconcerned confused when they visit your small business website. Make sure your major homepage banner and subsequent banners are visual representations of your services, and also that you have an introductory text billing near the peak of the page that reports who you are and what you do.
Moreover, make sure both your major and footer navigation menus have “About Us” page links simply accessible so people can click them and read more about your business in-depth.
Implement the best content management system
A content management system (CMS) is a software program or application that is used to design and manage digital content, the best CMS will assist you maintains your site, and you don’t need more technical knowledge to use it.
You should choose a CMS that is designed for your unique needs; dissimilar systems are used for different reasons, such as user-friendliness, extensibility, and budget.
Choose a good e-commerce platform
If you plan on selling good products or services through your website, you want the correct technology to do so. (If you do not currently sell anything, you may need to consider doing so since e-commerce could potentially increase your profits.) If you decide to permit visitors to financially execute with you online, you will need to choose the perfect platform for your business model.
Create an interesting, believable, and engaging website user interface
Make sure your small business website interface leaves a positive feeling that drives final results. You can do so by implementing the below suggestions:
- Use affordable graphics and easy-to-read fonts.
- Make sure your graphics are compressed and optimized for speed loading. If your website is slow, search engines such as Google will penalize your ranking.
- Research the competition to see how they have designed and developed their own designed websites.
- Research your target audience to see what they need from your site and make it easy for them to accomplish it.
- Stay always on-brand throughout your website design.
- Design an intuitive navigation system that permits visitors to get to the pages they need quickly.
- Publish simply accessible contact information.
- Incorporate clear call-to-action.
- design pages that are standard for small business websites, like as:
- About us
- Products/Services with descriptions
- Sitemap (for SEO purposes)
- Management team
- Contact us
- Additional pages were relevant to your specific minimal business.
Optimize your small business website
SEO is a set of practices you apply to your website to ensure search engines index and rank your website appropriately and then show it to search engine visitors. Once your website is “crawled” by search engines, it plays a part with websites that have similar content. The better your website design and content are, the topper your site will show up on search engine result pages.
SEO mainly includes the following practices:
- Keyword research and implementation
- Optimal website code
- speed loading speed
- Being secure and having an SSL certificate installed; SSL is the standard security technology that certifies data passed between web servers and browsers remains private.
- Having a mobile-friendly website
- Existence of best-quality backlinks that lead to your website
- Having many positive reviews online (Google, Yelp, Facebook, etc.)
- Using internal links throughout your site to hold on people clicking and reading
- Utilize social media to link to your site
SEO is an extremely important on-going process that can mean the difference between showing up on the initial page of search engine results pages (resulting in large amounts of free traffic to your website) or page 250 (resulting in no traffic).